Monday, December 1, 2008

No Surgery

I have mixed emotions about that decision. I'm happy to not be going through the surgery and a lengthy recovery while doing additional treatment, but I wonder what that means about what they think is really going on. I guess it was a tough decision for the oncologist so he wanted to think about it more over the weekend. So radiation will go forward today and chemo will begin on Thursday. They wanted to know if I wanted to do the second on Dec 24th or Dec 26th. I opted for the 26th in hopes that I might feel a little better on Christmas Eve and Christams Day.

I was also a little surprised to learn that they only have 2 chemos planned for now. I had heard from others that it's typical to do 2 and then scan again to see if it's having any effect. If not, then they'd try something else. That does make me nervous, though. *sigh*

No comments: