Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Night Before Chemo

Aahhh... the anticipation -- the drugs...

I picked up my meds, including a strong anti-nausea med, this afternoon. I start the "pre-chemo" steroids tonight. I forget how they make me feel, but they warned of mood changes and problems sleeping. I don't recall those being a problem last time, but we'll see. I'm pretty nervous about what this first round will be like. I'm bringing some work and some fun stuff to do this time. Last time I didn't have an iPod or a Nintendo DS, let alone an iPhone, so I should have no problem keeping myself occupied.

Radiation is going well. I have definitely noticed an increase in "discomfort" when I walk. No real problems in general but the leg is really tight and feels like it does when it would get bad... like lifting the leg and putting it forward when I step hurts. A friend loaned me a cane to see if it would help. I've never used a cane and it took me a while to figure out how to use it. It actually did help when I had to walk some distance so I may actually start carrying it around. I don't really need it, but it does make it easier to keep going at times.

No comments: