Monday, December 29, 2008

I Love Ativan

I don't want to jinx myself but I have to say that having Ativan available to let me sleep has made a significant difference in how I feel today. Every single time I've had chemo in the past I get virtually no sleep between Day 3 and Day 4. I have always felt pretty bad on Day 4, running into Day 5. Last night I took an Ativan when I went to bed at 9:00. I can't say I slept like a log but I actually slept and got some real rest. I woke around 3:00am and probably would not have gotten back to sleep but I took a second Ativan and went right back to sleep. I didn't wake again until Darcy was leaving for work at 7:00am. I got up for an hour or 2 and then went back to bed for a couple more hours. I actually feel like I have a little energy today... more like I would typically feel on Day 5. So I have my fingers crossed that this is a meaningful difference in how I'll feel and that I won't be just crashing later than usual. My appetite is even better than it has ever been historically on Day 4. I'm really pleased. :)

1 comment:

Ramesh said...

I also take Ativan whenever Im in a situation that might make me anxious and therefore make me shake more and it does work. Makes me a little loopy but I can still function.