Monday, December 22, 2008

Actually, I did make it to radiation

After I posted the previous entry, Darcy got her broken chain fixed. She shoveled out the area at the front of the driveway and got her car manuvered into a spot where she could get the chains on. We took a spin around the neighborhood to make sure they were working properly, had lunch and off we went. Today was supposed to be my last day but after missing Thursday, tomorrow will be the last. I did see the radiation oncologist for the last time. He said the fatigue will continue for another 4 weeks or so and to take it easy for about 10 weeks while the bone heals. No skydiving. :) I actually had been a bit sore again after walking into Columbia City in the snow on Saturday. The nurse suggested I not overdo it. If it's hurting after some activity... don't do that!

I also got pretty tired today. I've been assisting clearing the sidewalks and today noticed I was particularly unable to go for long without getting exhausted. So no more of that.

I went over for my blood draw after finishing with the radiation appointment, but the office was closed. That means I'll have to try to get in tomorrow... if they are open then. We have a little break from the snow until tomorrow night so I hope they are open tomorrow. The roads were pretty bad out there today, but it was above freezing so there was some melt off. It'll just be icy in the morning tomorrow. I wonder if court will delay opening.

No comments: