Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hair today - gone tomorrow

My scalp has been a bit sore the last couple days and got worse last night. I know that means the hair the will start falling out soon. In fact, if I run my fingers through my hair on the right side I'll come away with 4 or 5 hairs each time. The pace should pick up by tomorrow so fortunately I have a haircut scheduled for tomorrow evening. Hopefully the snow doesn't keep that from happening. So far Seattle itself has been spared the snow falling all around us.

I saw the radiation doc yesterday and he did give me a disabled parking permit application so I can go get that going. He said that the effects of radiation continue for at least a couple months in terms of the tumor dying off and getting absorbed by the body. He made the permit for 4 months since it can take that long. He will also make a referral for physical therapy to see if that helps me walk better.

I got extremely tired last night again. In fact, I went to bed at 7:30 because I actually felt sick. I was chilled and felt feverish. I woke up a couple times, but again, had no trouble sleeping until 5:30am even though I had been in bed for 10 hours. This is making life a little difficult since I am at work from 7:30am until 6-6:30pm. Then I eat dinner and go to bed. Doesn't leave any time for anything else. I'm hoping things will improve once I don't have to fit radiation into the middle of the day.

No comments: