Sunday, December 28, 2008

Chemo Number 2

I went in for chemo on Friday the 26th. I really liked the chemo nurse I had that day. She had helpful suggestions for dealing with side effects. I didn't get a private room this time, but she set me up in a pretty private corner that was surrounded by glass walls. It would have been really nice on a sunny day, but it was a little cold with the snow outside. The nurse kept us well supplied with warm blankets so it wasn't a problem. Being out in the more public area you could overhear other parties' conversations and I was a little taken aback at how demanding and snippy some of the patients were. I think the only problem I had with the spot was the TVs are set way in the ceiling so I had to recline way back to comfortably watch TV. At least I was able to get online so I could entertain myself in other ways.

I've had surprisingly more energy so far this time around. Of course tomorrow is the bad day and tonight should be a bad night. I'll be at least taking the Ativan in hopes of getting more sleep than I did last time. I actually made it out shopping this morning. I went to get my own latte at 7am and then accompanied Darcy to Northgate Mall to get some slippers. I can't find my old slippers and I wanted new ones for Christmas but we didn't get a chance to go shopping for them with the bad weather. I wasn't having a lot of fun at the mall this morning, but at least I made it out. And maybe the extra walking boosted my energy a little. :)

No comments: