Thursday, December 18, 2008

No Radiation -- No Haircut -- Lots of snow!

The radiation department called this morning to say that streets in the area are treacherous and they planned to close at 1:00pm. If I wanted to try to make it in early, they would stick around. At the time, we had about 4.5" at our house so I decided there was no way I'd get there. I think they were relieved to not have to wait for me.

My hairdresser also called to cancel the haircut. Probably wise, but my hair is really starting to come out now. At least the scalp tenderness is easing up. She offered to reschedule Christmas Eve, but I think that will be too late. Maybe I'll just find a place to walk in for a quick short cut.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying a day at home watching it snow. We were awakened this morning about 5:30 by lightening and thunder. It was snowing like crazy but was supposed to ease up mid-morning. Instead it has continued snowing fairly heavily all day long and is supposed to continue for another 6 hours. Courts opened 2 hours late, but shouldn't have opened at all as far as I'm concerned. Now they are closing at 2:30. Ridiculous. I had to take a vacation day to stay home but there is no way I was going to get there and find myself having to walk. I am physically incapable of walking any distance, especially on snowy streets. We've got close to 6" here now.

Here's some pics to enjoy. This is easily the most snow we've had since we bought this house 5 years ago.




2 comments:

Nancy said...

I don't suppose it would be very nice of me to tell you that I have the a/c on in the house because it was in the 80's today??? But your snow is much more "Christmasie" than my palm tree!

Unknown said...

I must say I love the pics! And again I think its funny that Dary was sweaping in her crocs! Oh and Bernie recommended Super Cuts--thats what she goes to. I dont know if you have them up there. Take care!