Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Halfway through radiation

Number 8 was done today -- 8 more to go. I felt well enough to go to work today and even stayed the entire day. I got tuckered out a few times and wished I could go home, but I hung in there and didn't get home until 6pm. Not bad for having been incapable of working at all yesterday. Guess it was residual chemo effect and not the radiation that kicked my butt yesterday. That's good news for being able to continue to work for a while yet. I also had to go back to my primary care doc for more antibiotics. The UTI came back 5 days after I finished my last dose of antibiotics. She gave me something stronger this time so hopefully that will take care of it. It might set off other problems on top of the radiation [ie-gut issues] but I can't be having an infection particularly when my immune system will be crashing soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My mom went through something like this (uti) last winter. She said to go buy old-fashioned hippy yogurt. Plain/organic little/no sugar-Mountain High she thinks was the brand.