Saturday, November 29, 2008

No word on surgery

Just in case people had been checking in on the surgery question, I never got a call from my oncologist on Wednesday. I tried calling on Friday but the office was closed. So I guess I won't know until Monday if I go into surgery on Thursday.

In the meantime, I have started back on the ibuprofen. When I saw the radiation oncologist Tuesday, he said that would be fine. I was really having to hit the vicodan for pain, but ibuprofen works pretty well. It seems odd that an over the counter med would work better that a prescription med. I guess it must be because it's also an anti-inflamatory. I even went for my usual walk around Seward Park (2.5 miles) yesterday morning with no problems.

I went in for my dry radiation run yesterday. I think the purpose was to get the field of radiation fine tuned so on Monday I can just be in and out in 30 minutes. I'm a little worried that one hand (radiation) doesn't know what the other (surgery) is doing. I asked if I should be starting on Monday if I'm having surgery on Thursday and they seemed surprised at that. I wish I would have called late Wednesday to check on the surgery but that office has often called me after 6pm with news. I guess I should have know that the day before Thanksgiving would have been different. So two more days of suspense...

No comments: