Monday, December 1, 2008

Radiation -- One Down, 16 to go

I went in for my first radiation treatment this afternoon. They give us a parking pass for 30 minutes and my first clue that it would take longer than usual was that all the spots were taken. I had to wait about 25 minutes for my session, but things went smoothly from there. In fact, it went faster than any of my other appointments. No pain, but I swear I am feeling some "heat" in the area. Maybe that's psychological. :) I wonder when the real side effects will kick in. Probably right after I am recovering from Round 1 of chemo.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Kathy!! I'm now an official blog follower. Signing on was really easy...so everyone else get signed up!

Kathryn said...

Thanks! Someone is actually reading!

And just for you, Nancy, no -- radiation does not hurt. [The "zapping" anyway] :)

Mari said...

Hi Kathy. Do you have radiation treatments every day? Just curious. My mom had 14 radiation treatments and she went monday - friday for two weeks.