Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Feeling better

I actually felt better yesterday (day 5) but not as good as I had been hoping. I was thinking that this must be harder on me this time, but looking back, I think I would usually feel bad the better part of a week. So even though I would go back to work on day 5 or 6 last time, I still felt pretty bad. I couldn't have worked yesterday, though. It was all I could do to go to radiation.

The side achiness is improving as well. I wonder if it might be ascetis -- a fluid collection in the abdomen that is pretty common with cancers in the abdominal area. I was trying to drink alot of water -- more than I should have -- and I noticed Sunday night that if I ate or drank very little I would feel like I was going to burst... and the pain would increase. Guess I'll have to ask the doctor about that. It might not have been ascetis either, because its gotten better and I think the only thing that improves that is to have the fluid drained by a doctor -- with a needle. (Yikes!)

1 comment:

TARYN & ROBERT said...

Kathryn I am so sorry to hear that this is happening to you! I hope the blogging helps some. I will make sure to check and read it to stay up to date. Please let me know if we can do anything!