Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Radiation Mask Photos

As promised, here's a couple pictures of the form fitting mask for radiation. You can see some of the field they will be radiating. I'll be getting 3 zaps per session this time. Two from different angles on the right side and one from the left side shooting up.

I had my "dry run" appointment today and had to be in the mask for about a 1/2 hour. It wasn't too bad though because the techs were in the room for most of it and I could actually peep out a bit this time. The sessions themselves will be much shorter. They are working on cutting out a section around my mouth [hence the scissors]

I meet with the oncologist tomorrow at 8:30 so we'll see what the chemo plan is at this point and get the update on what the CT scan showed for the spleen tumor. I'm not expecting great news on that front. Probably because I have not gotten good news at any point since November. I've become cynical about the whole thing.


No comments: