Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A positive and informative appointment

I saw the cyberknife doctor for an initial consult appointment this morning. I liked her and the facility alot. I thought they were nice at my usual radiation place but these guys were a step above that even. I got a tour of the machine room and found out I will get a new mask for this treatment... more comfortable so I can take the hour on the table. The table will also be padded so my back shouldn't get so achy.

But I really like the doctor. She took the time to go through all my CT scans and showed me thoroughly what the status of my disease is and the progress that has been made so far. She was very positive that the radiation was working. We will wait until April then do an MRI to get more detailed info on the current status of the tumor. They may even wait until May to do the procedure if I've had a good result from the current radiation. She showed me multiple images from the CTs that made things much clearer to me. She agreed the spleen should come out eventually. But the positive thing for me is that there is no evidence of other tumors. And the tumor in my spleen is not spreading towards my pancreous (sp?) or other more vital organs. Instead it's headed towards my ribs. Or maybe it's that it started on the abdominal wall. Anyway... I have more hope that this can be arrested for a while anyway so I feel more positive about treatment -- even the chemo -- since the tumors had shown regression even after just 2 real treatments.

1 comment:

Catherine Jones McClarin said...

What a wonderful practitioner! If all medical professionals were like that, life would be better! This sounded like a great appointment with some encouraging news. I'm so pleased for you!