Saturday, February 21, 2009

Halfway through radiation Round 2

Actually Wednesday was my halfway date. I'm now down to 8 treatments. I'm feeling pretty good overall, but I'm definitely more tired than I had been. It's probably a combination of the cumulative effect of the chemo and the radiation. I get about 8-9 hours of sleep a night and still wake up feeling tired to the bone. Even at that, though, I still have plenty of energy to get through the day so I'm not complaining at all.

I have round 5 of chemo this coming Friday, again in the hospital overnight. I'm not looking forward to radiation the Monday after because I feel like crap and that's also the day I get additional films done and meet with the doctor so I'm there and on the table for a while. I'll be done that Wednesday so I'll probably be at my worst for the next few days.

I also have my first meeting with the Cyberknife Center doctor on Tuesday the 24th. That should be interesting. KOMO tv had a segment on the cyberknife treatment last Monday because one of their anchors went through the process for a benign brain tumor. Here's a link to the story.

http://www.komonews.com/news/39688052.html?video=YHI&t=a

Should give you a good idea of what I'll be going through if it works. I hope I don't have to do TEN sessions, but I guess I'll do whatever it takes. :)

No comments: