Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hospital Admission was just a big mistake

I spoke with the doc covering for my oncologist's office this morning after my post and she told me when she talked with Urgent Care about the blood test results last night, they initially said the ANC (Absolute Neutrophil Count) was 700. They later said it was 300, which would require hospitalization. They couldn't explain that discrepancy to the doc satisfactorily so she had to admit me to run their own tests.

After IV antibiotics last night and further blood tests this morning, my ANC is low, but not so low as to require hospitalization. My total white blood cells had improved overnight so I was already on the mend. So they discharged me at 11:30. Needless to say, I pretty pissed at Urgent Care. The gave me a sleepless night, a bunch of stress, another sick day used over nothing.

1 comment:

albina N muro said...

Find free classifieds for All in Kolkata. We at Quikr Kolkata offer's you a platform to post free advertisements or classifieds for All in kolkata cancer hospital.