Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chemo Begins Again August 6th

I saw my oncologist on Friday and went through the current treatment plan. I will return to taxol/carboplatin with the first infusion occurring this Friday, the 6th. It will be with the overnights at Swedish Hospital. I've already done the bloodwork and the orders should be in when I check in Friday morning at 8am, so I'm hoping they can manage to get this round done and have me out of there by Saturday MORNING for a change. I'm doing a CT Scan tomorrow for a baseline (things may have been growing since the last one on May 20th) and we'll probably do another after 3 treatments to see if it's working this time around. He had me stop with the hormones saying he doesn't believe they are working to control growth any longer.

My sister will be in town this weekend for a couple Seattle Storm games. I'll make the Thursday one, but doubt I'll feel up to Saturday night's game. The Blue Angels are in town for Seafair next weekend and I hope to get a good show from my hospital room. :-)

Sounded like my doc was thinking of giving me another week to recover from radiation, but I needed to start this week to be able to make my trip to Kodiak in September during a feel good part of the cycle. The sooner I get started, the sooner I'll be done. If things stayed on track, my last treatment would be the Friday before Thanksgiving so I could be feeling better for Christmas. Lets hope anyway.

No comments: