Friday, April 17, 2009

Turned Down for Clinical Trial

I got a call from my oncologist's office yesterday and it only took a day to get turned down for the clinical trial he spoke of the day before. I figured I wouldn't be a good candidate. So the hormone therapy really is my last ditch treatment, except for whatever radiation I can do for areas that can still be zapped for symptom relief.

I guess the June scans will give me an idea of my longevity if there has been a change in the tumor size then.

Maybe I should think about traveling while I still feel decent.

4 comments:

ktrierson said...

There is no other treatment available? You are in my thoughts and prayers. -Kathryn

Kathryn said...

That's what I am hearing now. Thanks for your support.

Emily said...

i'm so sorry, kathryn. i will keep you in my thoughts and hope you are in the 30% for hormone therapy. i think of you and darcy often. please let me know if there's anything we can do. all our love, emily & wendell

Mari said...

Kathy - We would love for you to visit us in Juneau!!!