Thursday, June 10, 2010

First Radiation Session

This was something new today. I'm doing IMRT which is kindof like a crude cyberknife. Instead of 2 or 3 long blasts, they do a series of short blasts from one position, shifting the plates in the machine each time. Then on to position 2 for another series of short bursts. A total of 6 short burst sessions. Total time on the table is something like 20 minutes. The position I'm in is not very comfortable, but it's tolerable.

I won't finish radiation until July 15th so my planned trip to Kodiak isn't going to happen. I would imagine I'll also start chemo pretty quickly once the radiation is done. I gues I should call the oncologist to let him know the end date. Maybe I'll wait until I've got the results of my MRI scheduled on the 18th.

I should add that my hip has not been bothering me lately like it had been. I've been using the cane when I have to go any distance. So unless the radiation ramps up the pain, I'm doing OK for now.

No comments: