Saturday, June 13, 2009

Update on cyberknife scheduling

I've had a little trouble getting the cyberknife scheduled. I understood they were going to call my Group Health PCP (primary care physician) to get the needed referral for maximum coverage. When I hadn't heard anything in a week, I called back to see what was up. They said they were waiting to hear from me. ???? They said my PCP needed to actually see me for an appointment before I could get the referral. Would have been nice to get a call telling me that.

So I scheduled an appointment as early as I could (yesterday morning). On Thursday I got a call saying they had actually gotten a referral from my PCP already. I went to the appointment yesterday anyway just so I could have a talk with the PCP about my situation and she would hopefully be more cooperative about future treatment needs. I liked her. We were definitely on the same page and I signed an ROI so she can get more of my records. I'm even considering switching to her for primary care... mostly for convenience sake. I like my regular PCP but she's up in North Seattle. This Doc is about 10 blocks away.

Anyway, we are still waiting for approval from Group Health. But they called yesterday to get my planning session set up because they are running out of spaces. Hopefully I can get in next week, then get treatment started right after we get back from our trip to Seaside, Oregon. I'll need another MRI if we have to wait until July.

Good news on the headache front. I haven't had a headache since my last post. I guess it wasn't the megace, but some kind of a bug that caused it. The fever and the headache had gone by the next day... and haven't been back. I hate to jinx it by saying anything, but I have felt pretty good this week. Other than my eye, you wouldn't know I'm carrying around 4 tumors. I have also let go of hats altogether. My hair coloring has faded to purple. I like the effect with the new hair coming in a just a hint of color. I'll try to get an updated picture posted. :)

No comments: