Monday, January 16, 2012

Trying Cyberknife on Hip Next

I had a phone meeting with Dr. V today and she still believes she can help relieve pain with the Cyberknife. They will schedule a date ASAP to have me come in to implant 3 gold bead markers as reference points for the plan. They give that a week to heal, then do another CT scan planning session. Then I'll do from 5 - 10 sessions with the knife. My hip will still be unstable so she may refer me to an orthopedist for an opinion whether anything can be done to surgically stabilize it. Most positive thing I've heard in a while.

She also encouraged me to go on disability. I really don't have a choice. Even after not leaving the house since Thursday, my one trip out for acupuncture had me really hurting in no time. But at least this could be short term rather than the long term I had anticipated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wondering how you are doing?