Friday, September 3, 2010

Meeting with oncologist and options

I met with my oncologist this morning and I am definitely done with the taxol/carboplatin regimin. He's trying to get me accepted into a clinical trial that has shown some good results for edometrial cancer. He won't know until Tuesday if I meet the criteria. If I do, they will bring me in on Wednesday to review the trial and sign me up if I agree. Then I would start that treatment when I get back from Kodiak.

If I can't get into the trial, they will try cisplatin with something other than taxol (also done in the hosptial with the desensitization process) and see how I tolerate that. If I can't handle both drugs, they'll do single agent. But sounds like my chemo options are running out.

Here's hoping I'm accepted into the clinical trial.

No comments: